Saturday 6 December 2014

Checklist for Graduate Entry Medicine

Hello,
(Wrote this on the 6th of December ... Thought I posted it ..... :/ ) 
3:16pm 

Preparing for graduate entry for medicine is harder than I thought; not only do you have to get the grade (2.1 minimum) but you also have to have work experience, a personal statment, a good UKCAT score, a reference and predicted grade from a tutor. 

I spoke to one of my module leaders for BIO2003 and he agreed to write me a superb reference so long as I get a 1st class honour for his module. Which btw consists of 2 statistical problem /case study analysis (50% together) and a 50% worth of literature research proposal -_-' 

Let's see: 

If I get a 80% in both case studies and I get a minimum of  60% in the proposal I would have 73% in the module, that's a 1st class honour (I obviously will hope for more inshallah) but even though I might not get the 80 or the 60 I will try to (it's best to aim high than to aim low). 

I'll try get a back up tutor to agree to predict my grades and write me a reference. 


Checklist for GEM: 
- Grade - June/July 
- Work experience - waiting for replies 
- UKCAT - Summer (but need to start practicing) 
- Personal statment - will start during XMAS holidays
- Reference - Sorted for now
- Tuition Fee - need to make sure I have a little less than 4 grand (if I get accepted) inshallah 


I hope I haven't forgotten anything, if you have any advice for me do comment as I'd greatly appreciate it. 


Update -

Haven't done anything since last update. Will do the lab SUMMATIVE tasks today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment