Tuesday 2 December 2014

Organ transplants

Hello,

11:40pm 

I know it's late, it's kinda become a ritual for me to sleep late and want more sleep in the morning *sigh*. 

Today we had a really cool seminar for BMS3403. We learnt (well watched a video) about organ transplants and how the system in the NHS works. It was about this 65 year old female who died of a brain haemorrhage. She enlisted her self on the organ transplant register. Her husband and daughter made she what she wanted would happen. The surgeons  took out her heart, liver and kidneys. This saved 3 people with different problems. Her organs were very healthy for a 65 year old.

The video was very interesting yet very sad, I couldn't help tear up (obviously had to keep it humble in class). Unlike the girl behind me who started laughing about the 16 year old who got the hear, which ended up rejected her body. Due to the rejection she had to hospitalised again and given higher doses of immunosuppressants. Eventually all 3 recipients became healthy again, thanks to one lady. 

This got me thinking, should I put my self on the register. I know the lady is gone but she did such a great act, I can't help but want to do it too. 

P.s. Do you guys think the doctors/surgeons are on the register ? Just a thought that popped into my head. Might ask a doctor, once I start shadowing one. (Currently in the process to become an observer at a surgery) here's hoping (inshallah). 


Here's the link to the video just in case you want to watch it. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HjLK8Q_t1Wk


updated on work done so far: 
- I completed  the case study 1 for BIO2003 


Need to do: 
- Lab practical worksheets task1, 2 & 3.
- critical review summative 

No comments:

Post a Comment