Wednesday 10 December 2014

Graduate entry medicine finance

Hello, 

2 posts in 1 day? Only because I thought I posted the previous post on the 6th but I didn't. 

Reality has hit me in the face today. When I'm not doing something, all I think about it medicine, to one day be able to fulfil this desire and dream of mine, I can only hope. 

Anyways I just realised I can only apply to 3 university in london which do graduate entry medicine (Queen Mary, Kings college and St. George). At first I was planning on applying to GEM and the 5/6 year medicine for undergrads but because of finance I found out I can't.

From what I've read, if you do the 5/6 year medicine student finance will not pay for your tuition fee, not even a fraction of it. Therefore I have to apply to GEM which they do help with, the only problem is I have to pay £3465 upfront during my first year (rest will be paid by Student finance) but luckily for year 2,3 and 4 ... NHS will pay the £3465 for those years and student fiance will pay the rest. 

I don't have 36k to spare so my only option is the GEM course which is crazy competitive. I'll work hard to get in but I don't know what I would do if I don't get in. 

Anyway there is a small problem. St George univeristies entry exam is the GAMSAT test which seems crazy hard and costs around £280 WHAT!!! That's insane! Is it worth it ? I guess if it's something you really want you have to try even if your taking great chances. 

I feel so bummed that I can't apply to the 5 year or 6 year medicine :( 


No updates yet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment