Wednesday 22 June 2016

Graduation:To attend or not to attend

To attend or not to attend, that is the question. Just last night I was thinking about the pros and cons of going to my graduation. I've come to the realisation that the cons outweigh the pros. 

Pros: 
- my first graduation - a day I looked forward to 
- last time I get to see everyone from my class 
- a chance to dress up and have fun 

Cons:
- costly 
- can't decide what to wear
- not the degree I hope to graduate from (if it was medicine- I'd definitely attend) 
- need to measure myself to order gown by Friday 

Basically all the cons I can forget about no big deal but I can't overcome the costs!!! 

I am able to pay the costs but I am currently saving for many different occasions:- 
- got accepted to do an Arabic intensive part time program which costs £2500 a year 
- planning to do the GAMSAT which costs around 200 quid 
- I do taekwondo and have a competition in September in Scotland and national competition in Nottingham in novemember which are both costly that's excluding travel expenses.
- because of the competitions I have coming up I need to attend all lessons which aren't free 

I am greatful to be graduating and Alhamdulilah couldn't be happier. But in my current situation I doubt I will be attending the graduation ceremony. It's not the end of the world and this might even motivate me to continue to apply to medicine so I can attend at least 1 graduation ceremony in shaa Allah. 

Everyone that has passed and is graduating, congratulations! I hope you and your families have an amazing day celebrating the end and new chapter in your life. 

I haven't forgotten to update you all on my results, the post is due soon as I am waiting for the 1st of July for my classification, as they haven't told us that yet. 


7 comments:

  1. You should really attend the graduation, and if money is the main issue, know that money comes and goes however you can never ever get these same opportunities again.
    Think about 5 years time when you have two framed graduation pictures side by side to tell your story ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always know the right thing to say lol thanksssssssssss I have until Friday to decide, but I like your thinking. How did your results go btw ?

      Delete
    2. Lol what can I say I just like to try and help 😂
      I got a 2:1 alhamdulillah :)

      Delete
    3. Mashallah! Well done 😊 When is your graduation and how's Ramadan going for you?

      Delete
    4. Thank you! Mines on the 11th of July, you? And Ramadan has been suprisingly not as hard as I thought!

      Delete
    5. Mines on the 14th. Same Alhamdulilah I feel like it's so much easier than last year. Last year was tooooo hot.

      Delete
  2. Yeah exactly haha! Anyway, I'm expecting a graduation blog after the 14th!

    ReplyDelete