Friday 1 July 2016

The End: Third Year Results & Classification

Firstly let me start by saying Alhamdulilah! All thanks is due to Allah! Who has helped me during these nerve racking and enjoyable 3 years at univeristy! To be quiet honest there was a lot of ups compared to downs and I'm very appreciative and happy with my performance at uni and who I've become. I couldn't be more grateful! 
I feel like I'm writing my leaving speech LOL! 

Alright enough on my "speech" let's see how I did this year.

Let me paste my module components from my previous blog post, (anything with a * is an estimate - will edit these in once I've contacted the module leaders). 

This year I have 4 modules:

1. Dissertation: 2:1
Total = 66%*

2. Clinical Biochemistry: 2:2
- Biomarker Essay: 64% 
- Exam: 40% 
Total = 52%

3. Cellular Pathology: 2:1
- Wiki group work & presentation: 57%
- Special Stain Lab report: 70%
- Exam: 67%
Total = 65%

4. Haematology: 2:1 
- Poster Presentation: 61%
- Lab report: 71%
- Exam: 66%
Total = 67%


So for 3rd year I got 63.5% which is that's no where near to a first but I would have beat myself up if I got anything below 60%. Alhamdulilah! 

I've never shared the univeristy I went to for anonymity purposes but now I've completed my time there I can reveal I studied at Middlesex Univeristy from 2013-2016! 

I've started revising for my UKCAT now FINALLY! I went onto the medify website and subscribed for a month to test it out, I haven't used much of it yet but it's definitely motivated me to finally get going. I'm not sure if I'll be doing GAMSAT but that WAS the plan. 

Will keep you updated and also review the medify revision tool compared to the 600Q book that I used last year. I'll also keep a track of the amount of hours I spend revising for the UKCAT to see if that reflects on my score this time round. 

Have a lovely summer and leave any post suggestions with me, if you'd like me to post more frequently! 

😊


3 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum! I just found your blog and I'm so interested in your progress. You've said you're revising for the UKCAT, which I'm also currently working towards, but are you also planning to sit the GAMSAT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaleikumasalam! So glad your interested! I've actually been so extremely busy that I haven't even had a proper chance to revise for the UKCAT and have decided not to take the GAMSAT. As my university supervisor and module leader aren't replying regarding my reference, I won't be applying this year for 2017 entry. But will take this year out to revise for both and get some experience under my belt. How is your progress going ? And what's your plan?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete