Friday 29 September 2017

Why I WILL get into Medical School and Become a DOCTOR!

Hi All (that's if anyone still reads this blog),

Pretty bold statement in my title, but it is exactly what I have decided to tell my mind and body. Mind and body are one so whatever I tell the mind the body will also know? Dead joke I know.

Anyway I realised something mind boggling the other day, specifically yesterday 28th Septemeber 2017. I have ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS! been telling myself, everyone and their mothers that "I WANT TO STUDY MEDICINE", that "I WANT TO BECOME A DOCTOR". Your probably thinking, okay so what is wrong with that exactly?

Well let me tell you what I realised, I realised that WANTING is not ENOUGH and that is why I am 24, unemployed (employed in retail again as of next monday) and still 'dreaming' of getting into medicine and becoming a doctor. It was until yesterday a mer dream, nothing else. I have always WANTED and that is not enough, I NEEEEEEEEEED to get into medicine.  I NEEEEEEEEEEED to become a Doctor and that is a FACT.

This mentality change made me start revising for GAMSAT now, as it is never too early to start and its time I make this dream a reality. If I dont put in the work I wont get the results I want, Medicine is so competitive (as if you havent heard this enough) I haven't been doing nearly enough prep for it which is why I refer my old mentality as 'fake dreamer'.

Some of us Dream, Work and Deliver that dream, to ourselves. Whilst the rest of us (like myself) Dreamed, sat back and relaxed, hoping for a miracle to come my way and grant me my dream.

I dont know if any of this even makes sense but I hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Dreaming is for Losers when no work is being done.

Anyway heres a little life update;

- I finished that placement I talked about, only did 6 weeks instead of 8 as I had enough. It was just too repetitive and then I decided to delay my staff bank application, literally just waiting for my references now, going to chase them up tomorr- damn just realised tomorrow is Saturday, Oh well Monday it is then.

- Starting Full time retail work next week, until my staff bank is sorted then I am OUT!

- I applied for volunteer work at Hospital that allows you to observe in the theatre every 4 weeks, How amazing is that. I have the training and assesment on the 14th October so hopefully that goes well.

- Started GAMSAT revision yesterday, I am pretty determined!

DREAM HARD but WORK JUST AS HARD!

Until next time ....

1 comment:

  1. You can do this baby girl!! Go get that title. Praying for you ❤️

    ReplyDelete