Wednesday 14 December 2016

Job hunting: After graduating!

I actually stuck to my word aha "will update once I finish my placement" (previous post). 

So as you can tell this post is about job hunting after graduating. After you graduate from Biomedical science you realise 3 things:

One. Even after studying Biomedical Science you are NOT I repeat NOT a biomedical scientist! 
Two. To find a job is EXTREMELY HARD especially anything to do with what you studied 
And Three. You'll be in that retail job much longer than you anticipated.

But regardless I need to remember to be thankful and say Alhamdulilah because I know finding a placement isn't as easy as it came to me (Thanks to my lovely neighbour).

I'm also grateful as I'm applying for SO MANY jobs I'm getting a few interviews. I had one on the 1st of December, thought it went well until the last question (a dilution question came up - although I did prepare - I just felt so presurrised). My neighbour works at the place and she told me they recruited a n Indian girl who had a lot of experience. 

I have two more interviews and still applying (to even night shift lab jobs - desperate times calls for desperate measures). I have one interview tomorrow at the SAME place just a different department so maybe second time lucky in shaa Allah? And I have an interview next week. I will obviously update on how they went if I get any of them. 

No progress with med school application - that's just taken a backseat until I find a job - although I should be using my free time a lot better than I am currently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment