Sunday 11 October 2015

Third year of Biomedical Science- week 1

I was planning on posting on here for a while but it just didn't happen. I'm back at uni and finished first week. I literally only go in 2 days a week (crazy but nice). 

The first day was awesome - I actually understood and learnt something whereas the last day I didn't learn a WORD! I literally went to lecture and seminar and didn't write any notes as I wasn't understanding. This actually used to happen to me last year in Microbiology  & immunology, I would go to lesson, learn nothing and leave it at that. But this time I have learnt from my mistake last year, so everyday I have started to go over what we did in lectures & seminars. I  go over the lecture slides and make up my own questions for each point and write the answer, I do this on paper or a book first. I then type it all up, which helps me remember some of it. 

So far I have catched up on most of week 1 work excluding 1 seminar which I will be doing today (hopefully) or before Friday. 

Finally got a job! So I'm happy (nothing related to biomed). 

Still not sure what my dissertation is on, just waiting for a reply from my chosen tutor. (Inshallah) 

I don't know if I've mentioned before but I have been volunteering at a hospital since April and just recently quit (6 months worth of work experience). I enjoyed the experience but it's a little nerve racking going up to patients to ask them for feedback for 6 months!!! It does get a little boring too. 

I think if I don't get into medicine this year - I will apply for medicine next year and to add to my hospital experience I will start trying to get some experience EARLY! Especially shadowing doctors. 

I will make a separate post on my modules this year and will also be including my assignment deadlines etc but I have a really good feeling about this year! Inshallah it all goes well and I get my first class.

Can you guys believe I still don't have a reference for my medicine application. Before you jump at me, I did tell the teacher a YEAR ago and reminded him once I got my second year results. I also continuously have been reminding him during the summer and just this week did he reply. So I'm waiting for that and then I can send off my application. 

That's all for today! Hope your first term is going well for you all.

Stay positive ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment