Saturday 13 June 2015

2nd YEAR RESULTS!

Good news, I have all my results for second year Biomedical Science. 

Firstly I want to say I worked so much harder this year than last year. I am happy with what I got (apart from one module) but everything else was awesome. I am planning on working even HARDER next year and get a first overall (inshallah). 

Here are my 2nd year results: 

Biochemistry: 77% 
Statistics: 72% 
Clinical science: 71% 
Microbiology&immunology: 50% 

Overall percentage: 68%

68% I'm annoyed with that to be honest! I guess microbiology&immunology has really put me down! But oh well! I got myself a 2:1 which was actually 1 mark off a 1st class which really sucks. 

At the end of the day IM HAPPY! And I guess that's what counts, my happiness. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to me next year though inshallah! 

I hope I get a solid 1st class honour for my BSc inshallah. I know I say inshallah too much but i feel like if I don't say it I will end up regretting it. 

Right now I am working on my UKCAT! 

Good news, I have the opportunity to do my lab based dissertation in the summer l. I honestly don't think I would be able to handle all the stress in 3rd year so if I do this now and finish before 3rd year, I would be stress free inshallah and can focus on exams & revision. 

I don't think I have anything else to share. Hope everyone is having an awesome summer! Goodluck with all your results. 




13 comments:

  1. Awesome results! I got 65% this year and hoping to get predicted a 1st for my application, I assume you're doing the same and it should help tonnes!

    Just wondering what university you go to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi5!!! Hopefully we will get that 1st next year. tbh I don't want to disclose it ... Once I graduate next year for sure lol - I'm not 100% sure what my tutor will predict me but I hope a first coz that's what I'm aiming for. Will you be applying for medicine as well?

      Delete
    2. Hahah for real, would be so sweet! Fair enough haha, I kinda failed keeping anonymity on here as I have no idea how to use this site, just wanted to read some blogs.
      I wonder how difficult it is to get predicted above your achieved grade in uni, I just assume it's a bit like college! Yep I'm applying too which is why I'm interested in other peoples experiences!

      Delete
    3. Jesus I suck at this website LOL

      Delete
    4. Ahaha you will get the hang of it ... Eventually! Which universities will you be applying to & are you going to be doing any entry exams? UKCAT/BMAT/GAMSAT?

      Delete
    5. Eventually lol... Notts/Warwick/St georges or maybe kings for GEM and sheffield for the 5 year as I live in sheffield and might be able to fund my way through working!

      Yeah doing GAMSAT and done UKCAT, hows BMAT going for you?

      Delete
    6. Really wanted to apply for St George as well but I just didn't think I could handle the revision and the amount of work it requires ... How's revision going? ..I'm actually not doing the BMAT anymore - forgot to update it on my blog lol - I think next year I will try doing the UKCAT & GAMSAT .... What did you get for your UKCAT?

      Delete
    7. The revision is sooo stressful I have to say, I think you should have given it a go at least but you were right in thinking there is so much to do!
      Ohh how come? Yeah that's if you don't manage to make it in this year :P I got 705!

      Delete
    8. Finance! Imperial changed their 4 year program to a 5 year GEM program ... Which I was initially planning to apply to until I did more research and found out no financial help at all! Sad! But happy I found out before I applied for the BMAT. ----- CONGRATS!!!! I would have been so pleased if I got that this morning lol - you should be proud!!!! Was this your first try? - and yeah if I don't make it this round - how did you revise for it ? Just in case I'm retaking it next year - need some tips !

      Delete
    9. Ohh whaaat they don't offer anything at all?!? that sucks hard :/ have you considered applying to a uni near home for the 5 year course and working to fund it? (you can also get 2.5k in years 2-4 from the BMA to put towards tuition)
      Thanks! Don't get too down about your score man everything happens for a reason, so try and be positive! I was rather surprised with my score tbh, I don't feel like I prepared well at all, I only used the 600q book and did the practice questions online. If you're gonna do GAMSAT I reccomend starting early and work 2-3 hours a day through summer!

      Delete
    10. Boot nothing at all! It's just like a 5 year course, I can't find a job (might be coz I don't really want it lol) let alone be able to use a job to fund for uni ... IMPOSSIBLE! Yeah I'm not too sad about it tbh - just like you said everything happens for a reason. Thanks for the tip! As soon as I hear rejections from all the unis I will try to put in some time to study for the GAMSAT instead of leaving it till late.

      Delete
  2. Hi! just want to chip in and mention maybe taking out a maintenance loan to pay the tuition if you're living at home so you can apply for 5 year courses? This is perhaps one of the few benefits of the abolishment of grants as the maintenance loan now goes up to about 8k. Wishing you all the best of luck with your application this year! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiii!!!! Love your blog btw! Very inspiration (especially when you were a grumpy biomed lol) - anyways THANK YOU for the advice! Didn't actually check how much loan I'd be able to get ... Thank you! Will look into it :)

      Delete